Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Swimming Lessons!


Makenna waiting her turn. What a gorgeous girl!!

Walking to the side.

Looks like a grin!

Coming up from being dunked!

Making sure her ears are plugged.

I love this mama!

Splashing is fun!

We started swimming lessons Sunday at the Fieldhouse. Cami is participating in Water Babies with my help :0) and this is Makenna's first group session. Cami's lesson was first. She learned to kick her legs on her belly and her back. She was so funny - she put her fingers in her ears when she was on her back to keep the water out. She also learned to hold her breathe and go under. She was a bit frightened at the beginning of the lesson but adjusted quickly. I think having her friends, Ty and Maddie, join us for lessons helped. Ty taught Cami how to splash the water and she loved that! Makenna was sitting with Jay watching Cami's lesson and she looked over at him and told him, "I am not swimming by myself, I did that when I was eight." I think the dunking of the babies made her a little nervous for her turn! She did great though. She got right in and followed the directions. She worked on floating (Makenna's toughest skill), blowing bubbles, kicking with a kick board, going under and walking around the shallow end. She even jumped off the side only holding one hand! Great job girls - can't wait for next week.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like everyone had a great time, Eva LOVES her swimming class.

    ReplyDelete