Friday, April 2, 2010

OSD here she comes!


We are so excited about next school year. After a long, difficult decision we decided to send Makenna to the Ohio School for the Deaf in Columbus! We took a tour in February and loved everything we saw. Makenna had a great time signing with all the students and every one of them asked if she would be coming back the next day. It will be a long commute for her but since she is up by four every morning anyway - I think she will handle it just fine. Hopefully, they can help us get her caught up with her reading comprehension skills too. All the staff we met appeared to be very comfortable with all of her needs. My little girl is growing up - sniff, sniff!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome news!!! Hope it all goes well, I know I have been having issues with trying to figure out where to send Eva.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what big news! How wonderful!! I'm so excited for Makenna--what a great environment for her! Will they provide transportation for her? How far of a drive is that from you--about an hour? Can't wait to hear all about it when Makenna starts in the fall!

    ReplyDelete