Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tigers and Manatees and Gorillas Oh My!


A nap after a long day at the zoo.

Makenna and the gorilla studying each other. This gorilla was curled up right at the glass enclosure- it was so cute. He couldn't have got any closer.

I think Makenna wanted to touch that gorilla.

Makenna signing "penguin"

Cami and the manatee.

We headed to the Columbus Zoo after Makenna's appointment. What a beautiful day! We could not have asked for better weather. It was warm and sunny with a nice breeze blowing. As you can see Makenna kept a sweatshirt on all day. Camille actually enjoyed a lot of the exhibits. She loved watching the fish, manatees and turtles. Makenna always loves the manatees. She also got up and personal with a starfish and a snake! The indoor exhibits are easier for Makenna to visit because she can actually see the animals. We think the outdoor animals blend in too well with their habitat for Makenna to pick them out. She enjoyed the lizard, kimono (sp?) dragons, and the gila monster. She called them all monsters. I explained what each one was and when we finally got to the gila monster she was excited. She said he was the same as Baba! She has had this thing about her Baba being a monster for the last few months - I don't know what that is about - but she thinks it is funny.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great time. Makenna cracks me up. She has a great sense of humor. I am glad she doesn't compare me to a monster. Poor Baba. Knowing him- he doesn't care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baba --a monster! Too cute. It looks like everyone had a good time. I'm glad the weather was nice.

    I miss my
    Saturdays with Nakenna. We will have a lot of make-up time.

    ReplyDelete